Monday, November 7, 2011

I have to pee!


restroomI remember back in high school when they started closing all of our bathrooms. Now I can't imagine not having access to a bathroom in every building on campus (because I do pretty much know which buildings have the good bathrooms on campus at UIC now) and I shudder at the fact that they made about 200 girls use the same 3-stall bathroom. But this article brings up the same point, from another school that did basically the same thing!  They started closing the bathrooms because of smoking..not that it stopped anything because the smokers would just wait in the only bathroom that was opened. I even remember getting glared at because I used the last open stall, which happened to be their ash tray, once. I agree that something needs to be done to stop vandalism, illegal activities, and harassment in the bathrooms, but there must be a better way than forcing people to wait for the only, DIRTY, bathroom available. That obviously isn't stopping anything. 


R

No comments:

Post a Comment