Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why are people not outraged about this

I realize that maybe we aren't getting the whole story with this, and maybe there is a crosswalk just down the road or something, but a mother in Georgia has been charged with Vehicular Homicide when her 4 year old son got hit by a car while they crossed the road where there was no crosswalk! There is a bus stop, but no crosswalk, I think there should ALWAYS be a crosswalk at a bus stop, especially one that is across the road from an obvious residential area, and there should be lights, and whistles and arrows and flashy things to warn drivers around the corner (if there is a corner) that there is a possibility for people to be crossing the road right there. Ok.. maybe not to that extent, but from the pictures (see below and links) it look like there is no crosswalk, no lights, no signs, but there IS a bus stop. Google tells me to cross a road where there is no crosswalk all the time when I have to take the bus to the southwest, but I usually walk the half block to the crosswalk, even though it is a dangerous intersection, hopefully the crosswalk is at least a little more obvious than me crossing in a poorly lit road, but when families depend on the bus, and have to cross the road to get home from the bus stop there should absolutely be a crosswalk.   And that is all I have to say, I linked to three different articles that I could find about this story, but I am still shocked that I only found three, this should be a revolutionary story demanding attention from everyone. I don't want to be charged with attempted suicide every time I have to cross a road with no crosswalk to get to a bus stop when I see the bus coming!

R

No comments:

Post a Comment