Wednesday, August 3, 2011

More Biking News

I just read this article about how biking parents are the most badass bikers out there. And you know what? I kinda agree. I just got a basket for my bike, but I only need ONE basket to carry all of my stuff, and as a parent you would need a lot more than that. But I love the idea that there are children growing up in the US that do not ride in cars everywhere, and that will grow up thinking that biking is normal, and acceptable, and GOOD! I think that more people need to teach their kids that this is normal, and acceptable. I do like the comment in the article though about how it IS normal, just not in America. I ask you, why not?! It obviously can be, we just have to be dedicated and motivated to do it. And, I think, we have to consider weather in a lot of places, in Chicago, it could be difficult to bike with a 2 year old when it is freezing out. But there is always a way!

On another note, I'm totally joining the Copenhagen Movement, I might even start biking with heels just to make it less intimidating for others, and more fun for me!

R

No comments:

Post a Comment