Thursday, December 15, 2011

Legos or Barbies?



So, it is a strange day when every single one of my blogs write about the same thing. SO I just figured I HAD to write about it. It says something when it is at least something fairly relevant to my life.

Apparently Lego is making new Legos, for girls! These Legos are curvier, girlier, and a lot more human looking than normal Legos. The part I like the most is that they are taller than the regular Lego and have a much more Barbie-like face. Either way, these articles are interesting, do we really need a Lego for girls? Can't girls just use regular Legos, and there's a store in the UK that is integrating boy toys and girl toys! I love it, even though I played with Barbies forever, I still loved to play with toy cars, and dig stuff up and build train set too. I think the gender-specific toys tend to push children into a corner instead of allowing them to develop the way they want. Who says girls have to like pink curvy Legos, maybe they just want to build things! (However, I did love Polly Pockets.. maybe these would be just as good if not WAY better)

R

No comments:

Post a Comment