Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Volunteering


volunteeringI remember in high school when my English teacher told me that it is very important to have extracurriculars and volunteer activities on college applications. I don't know how much the small amount of these activities helped me get into college, but I hope that it is true these are helping. According to this article in Good Magazine (of course...) volunteering is becoming more and more important on college applications. But more so: dedication to a volunteer activity. So start sending students out to volunteer somewhere once a week, or a couple hours a month. Not only does that help their college applications (hopefully) it gives them more friends and helps the community more than just the occasional volunteer hour. 


R

No comments:

Post a Comment