Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dinosaurs

In undergrad I took a class about dinosaurs. Who would have thought you could go to college and spend a semester studying dinosaurs right!? But let me tell you, it wasn't quite as glamorous as it sounds, that class (even though it was "for non majors") could have been spread over a 4 year period. There was SO MUCH INFORMATION. But everything about it was interesting, and I wish I had volunteered to go with my professor on one of his expeditions in the summer. They would hike out for miles into the desert to dig up bones, with backpacks full of toilet paper (haha) because they use it to wrap the bones up, it's one of the best papers out there because it absorbs liquids, but is thick enough to not let the liquids seep through easily.

Now stop thinking about that part too much.


Either way, dinosaurs are awesome, and I think more people need to study them. This is just one crazy video of the coolest project that could ever happen. I wish it had happened to me, though some of those kids don't look too happy about it. The video is only about a minute and a half long and it TOTALLY worth your time, I promise you won't be disappointed.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment