Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hope!

People get hope from so many places, but this is one place that many people have been looking for and have spent years seeking, and just now, we are discovering something to give these people hope. Timothy Ray Brown, a San Francisco resident and more recently the Berlin Patient, has been cured of AIDS. I'm sure there is still the fear that something went wrong, or that they missed something in the tests, or caused worse problems, but someone has finally done it! The unthinkable! I do not know anyone with AIDS, or even with HIV, but I have known people with cancer, and I know the feeling when you realize that someone you love has an incurable disease. This give me hope for more than just AIDS though.

The other day someone told me "well.. you'll never re-invent the wheel, it's all about who gets people to use it that makes the difference." Maybe this is the wheel of our time, but maybe it means that there are still things out there that need to be created, there still are things out there that need to be done, and even if it means you have to invest your whole life into research now, we don't know that the person who invented the wheel didn't do just that. Hard work and dedication can pay off to help fix a problem.

I know this is only the first step in really curing AIDS, but it is an important step!

R

No comments:

Post a Comment