Monday, March 7, 2011

Biking season is coming up again

It has been freezing in Chicago. I haven't been able to do much biking, but with the new idea of charging your phone WHILE  you bike I might want to. In the freezing weather here my phone dies a lot quicker than on a normal day. Luckily it has started warming up and my battery life is more than a day, but I had a few days there when I actually would get home without my phone even on because the battery didn't last!

I won't be biking in the snow, but I think everyone should start biking. I've always wondered about why we aren't using the lost energy from our bikes for something, and this could be the perfect solution. I have also considered convincing someone who is a little more handy with mechanics than I am to make a stationary bike that powers a fan in front of you so you feel like you're actually biking, the faster you go, the more wind is generated (then I wouldn't sweat as much either.. eww).


Click on the picture to read a great article from treehugger about charging and biking. So many awesome things show up on that blog, but not all of them are relevant to my life, this one could be! 
-R

No comments:

Post a Comment