Sunday, March 6, 2011

"That" Cake

I've been dying to make cake lately. Lent is coming up, and what better excuse to make cake than the fact that I won't be able to eat sweets for a month and a half in a few days.

www.tastespotting.com/features/that-chocolate-cake-recipe-scharffen-berger

I'm not going to lie that I was sucked into this recipe by the way it describes the cake. Who doesn't want to make "that" cake? So tonight that's exactly what I did. Unfortunately, I'm a little worried that I ruined the texture because I just didn't trust the recipe enough, and I added a little more flour to make up for the fact that it calls for a cup of water (what?). We will see what my coworkers think of it on Tuesday. It was great to just focus on making a cake for a while though. The frosting will happen tomorrow. Also, Scharffenberger chocolate is something S and I have in common interest, we even toured the factory twice.

On a side note, this is all in preparation for making my birthday cake, which will be very similar to this one:
www.treehugger.com/metro-bus-birthday-cake-photo-001.jpg

Once I get some experience decorating I will be able to make that, hopefully that skill is just genetic.

R

2 comments:

  1. I vote for a double decker bus birthday cake. Layers are important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remember those buses are the Seattle bus colors and model?

    ReplyDelete