Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Choco Treasure - The American Kinder Surprise

The other day I was shopping for pre-Lent candy and came across something interesting.


These are the American version of the Kinder Surprise Eggs, they have toys inside the "real chocolate" eggs.  I tried one (of course) but they are not quite as good.  First of all, the toys are not as fun (they have stickers and little puzzles, while the Kinder Eggs have fun characters you get to build yourself).  I got stickers in my Choco Treasure, and it was still exciting to open the egg to see what was inside.  The chocolate is not as good either (not too surprising), it is missing the inner layer of white chocolate and it tastes like Hershey's. Unfortunately (for them anyway), I think they only sell eggs to people who want to compare them to the Kinder Egg, so I doubt there will be many repeat buyers.  All in all it was a good experience (although I will probably not be buying another egg), I love the excitement of opening the egg to discover the toy inside, and I am happy we at least have something like the Kinder Eggs I miss (my friend lived in Germany and she used to send them to me, but we have lost touch now)

S

1 comment: