Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tree sweaters?

I miss Austin, and all the craziness that goes on there. But I am still happy I chose to go to school somewhere else, so at least there's that. The other day I got a text message from our aunt with a picture of a tree with a sweater one. Why trees need to wear sweaters in Austin I don't know, considering that it is basically already summer there, but I didn't realize the number of trees covered in sweaters until I saw this re-nest.com article. According to this there were 99 trees covered in knitted, colorful, tree sweaters. Take a look at some of the pictures it's gorgeous and I'm sad I wasn't able to see it in person. I also think the photographer needs a bit of a shout out, those are really well executed photos for so many trees.
Crazy stuff happens in Chicago as well, but every time I see pictures of Austin I think, Texas is the only state that really has those colors. This may be true for other states, the fact that they have certain hues of color, but to me, Austin just screams the colors that it calls out. Look how blue the sky is, and how yellowy-green the grass is, and all of the colors. Maybe I'm just missing actual color because Illinois is covered in browns and grays right now, and winter won't end for a while.

When those trees are done with their sweaters please send them my way!

And as always, click on the image for the article in re-nest.com.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment